CHARLESTON STAGE SEASONAL AUDITIONS
(For roles in Charleston Stage’s 2021-22 Season beginning in September 2021)
Charleston Stage’s annual seasonal auditions are for members of the community interested in performing with Charleston Stage. Auditions are open to adults and high school students (rising Grades 9-12). While Charleston Stage has a Resident Professional Acting Company and employs guest actors, community actors make up a large portion of our acting company each season, playing leading, as well as, supporting roles. Charleston Stage has a colorblind casting policy. Roles in all productions are available to anyone regardless of race. Newcomers welcome!
RESIDENT ACTING INTERN PROGRAM
Our Resident Acting Interns have been hired for our 2021-22 Season. There are no spots available. Please check back in December 2021 for more information about our 2022-23 Resident Acting Intern Program.
For our Resident Acting Intern Program, we hire actors from UPTA (Unified Professional Theatre Auditions - www.upta.org) which is held in February of every year.
Charleston Stage is South Carolina's largest professional (NON-EQUITY) theatre. Our Resident Acting Intern Program is an intensive 10 month program that allows its participants to combine multiple performance opportunities with a well structured and practical teacher training program. Our company is in residence at the Historic Dock Street Theatre and does not tour.
July 5, 2021 - May 4, 2022
• $250 weekly
• Furnished apartment with utilities provided
• Private bedroom
• Paid Christmas vacation
• $500 completion of contract bonus
• Free gym membership at a local gym
• Resident Actors are typically cast in at least 6 of the 9 shows in addition to special events (Gala, etc.)
• Teaching weekly acting classes for grades K-8 and In-school workshops/residency
Additional Duties Include:
• May include strikes and load-ins or office help on a limited basis
The Following Make You a Good Candidate:
• MUST have atleast an undergraduate degree in theatre or musical theatre
• Strong vocal and dance training with a desire to continue to improve
• Teaching experience, respect, and appreciation for children and the willingness to be guided in teaching them theatre
• Strong work ethic and "team player" attitude
• MUST have a working reliable car
PERFORMANCE TROUPES are weekly classes for advanced students and admittance is by audition only. Auditions are held once a year. Students in Troupe train in acting and singing weekly with movement included as needed. They are the only students (younger than high school) permitted to audition for Charleston Stage professional productions.
Performance Troupe Auditions for 2021-2022 are now complete. Please check back later for more details, and make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to receive notices about future Troupe auditions. You can also subscribe to our email list to receive company news by clicking here.
Grades 3-5 meet Tuesdays 4:30-6pm
Grades 6-7 meet Wednesdays 4:30-6pm
Grades 8-9 meet Thursdays 4:30-6pm
Tuition $675 for classes August 2021 - April 2022