Current COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Charleston Stage is following CDC, City of Charleston and other local health guidelines to keep our cast, crew and audiences safe. We have partnered with Roper St. Francis Healthcare for cast testing and medical guidance. These protocols are subject to change based on changing conditions. As of September 27, 2021, the following requirements are:
1) Photo ID and Proof of Full Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required
Audiences are required to show a photo ID and proof of full vaccination (see below) upon entrance to the theatre, OR show a negative COVID-19 test result (see below), administered by a medical professional, taken within 72 hours prior to the show date. The final dose of vaccines must be at least 14 days prior to attending the show date.
How to Provide Proof of Vaccination:
- Original Vaccination Card*, or
- A clear photocopy of the front AND back of the attendee’s vaccination card as a separate document (the entire card must be visible and legible)*, or
- A clear photo of the front AND back of the attendee’s vaccination card on a phone or electronic device (the entire card must be visible and legible)*, or
- A digital vaccination record (including those issued by your health provider, government or another third party provider).
*Please make sure your name and birthdate are clearly printed on your vaccination card or, if you are providing it electronically, it is pulled up on your phone.
Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted.
How to Provide Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test Result:
- Printed document from the test provider or laboratory, or
- An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
The information provided needs to include name of person tested, type of test performed and date of negative COVID-19 test result (date must be within 72 hours prior to performance start time). Self-reported negative COVID-19 test results that are not from a third party test provider, laboratory or health care provider will not be accepted.
2) Unvaccinated Patrons Under 12 Years of Age
Unvaccinated patrons under 12 years of age will only be required to wear a mask inside the theatre per City of Charleston Dock Street Theatre rules. Following local school guidelines Charleston Stage is not requiring a negative COVID test for patrons under the age of 12. Patrons 12 and up will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test. These guidelines are subject to change as conditions evolve.
3) Unvaccinated Patrons 12 Years of Age and Up With a Valid Medical Restriction
Unvaccinated patrons 12 years of age and up with a valid medical restriction will be required to show a photo ID and proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (see above), administered by a medical professional, taken within 72 hours prior to the show date.
*For patrons without a photo ID, two pieces of official mail in their name may be used in place of a photo ID.
4) Masks are Required
Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases, the City of Charleston requires face coverings in all city buildings, including the Dock Street Theatre. Masks that cover your nose and mouth are required at all times.
In lobby spaces, please make an effort to stay at least 6 feet apart from others who don’t live in your household.
for audience protection:
- All Charleston Stage staff, cast members, musicians and crew are fully vaccinated. Cast, musicians and crew are also COVID tested weekly.
- Staff and volunteers will be wearing masks at all times.
- An antiviral spray is being used in the theatre between performances.
- There are automated hand sanitizers in the lobby.
- To limit contact and lines, no Will Call tickets will be offered. All tickets will be delivered electronically or by mail and scanned at the door.
- Show programs will not be collected for reuse.
A Special Thank You