Charleston Stage Offers Special 70-Minute Adaptations for School Groups and Big School Savings! Book Now and Save Up to 78% Off Regular Price!
2021-22 School Matinees
• 70-Minute Adaptations. You and your students will enjoy special 70-minute adaptions of productions throughout the season that fit your daily class schedule and curriculum.
• Free Tickets. Receive 1 FREE adult ticket for every 10 student tickets purchased!
• Education Guides. Guides are available for download below to incorporate in the classroom and decide if a production is appropriate for your students. Each show guide features show content, SC Standards, recommended subject areas and grade levels, background information on the creators, pre- and post-show activities for your students, trivia, and more! View our education guides below!
• Two Field Trips In One. Share the magic of live theatre with your classroom while also visiting the Historic Dock Street Theatre, "America's First Theatre."
EDUCATORS MAY BEGIN BOOKING SCHOOL MATINEE RESERVATIONS ON august 2.
School Matinee Performances Will be Contingent on Fall CDC and Local HeaLth Guidelines.
2021-22 School Matinee Season
Ordering Instructions and Policies
How To Order Tickets
Education/Parent Guides are available for each production on CharlestonStage.com. Please review these guides for guidance on how the experience can be incorporated into the classroom, as well as to determine whether each production is appropriate for your students. Sending these guides home to parents is also suggested, in order to provide them with any applicable content warnings, and to enable them to extend student learning at home.
2) Select Matinee Dates and Times. Please Do Not Overbook Seats!
(View Seating Availability for Each Performance Before You Book. Link Will Be Available Online August 2.)
RECEIVE 1 FREE ADULT TICKET FOR EVERY 10 STUDENT TICKETS PURCHASED! To ensure we reserve enough seats for your group, complimentary adult tickets still need to be included in your final ticket count.
3) Only Teachers May Book School Matinee Performances
Please note that we can only accept reservations from teachers. Reservations from parents or individual students are not accepted. Charleston Stage welcomes home school group reservations, but cannot accept reservations from individual parents. Tickets are not sold at the door.
4) Ordering Methods (Download School Matinee Order Form. Will Be Available Online August 2.)
By Mail (Please fill out form and send to):
Attn: Erika Greco, Box Office Manager
P.O. Box 356
Charleston, SC 29402
(Please do not send cash)
By Phone: (843) 647-7365
5) Booking and Invoicing
Once you make a reservation, an invoice will be emailed to you noting the performance date, time, ticket count and cost of your order. Your payment deadline will be specified. This date also represents the last date to cancel your reservation without penalty.
There are no refunds for school matinee performances.
School Matinee PolicIES
1) Cancellations/Payment Deadlines
2) No Babes In Arms
Children under 3-years-old are not permitted in the theatre.
3) On the Day of Your Performance
Charleston Stage wants to provide a fun and safe environment for your students. If traveling by bus, please help us do so by providing an index card with your bus driver’s name, school and cell phone number (to be handed to the Front of House staff). Please have your students wear identical colored name tags with your school name listed. All of these steps ensure safety and organization on the day of your performance. Further logistical details will be emailed to teachers in the weeks prior to your scheduled performance. Please also make sure to check your phone/email the day of your performance for any important notices.
4) Need Extra Seats?
Additional tickets may be purchased in advance, pending availability. Please do not bring extra students/parents to the theatre without first booking additional seats. Tickets are not sold at the door.
5) Seating Assignments
Seating assignments are determined by the size of your group at the discretion of the Front of House staff. Please plan carefully and order only the seats you need. It is highly discouraged to overbook and hold seats that otherwise could be used by other school groups. If any students in your group require special seating accommodations, please note this on your order form.
5) Photo Policy
Any person entering the theatre on the day of a school matinee performance may be photographed for use in Charleston Stage promotional materials. If any of your attendees have a specific need to not be photographed, please communicate this to the Box Office Manager or Front of House staff as soon as possible.