Charleston Stage Offers Special 70-Minute Adaptations for School Groups and Big School Savings! Save UP TO 65% Off Regular Price!
2023-24 School Matinees
• The Biggest Shows In Town Featuring Professional Casts. Charleston Stage is South Carolina’s largest professional theatre company, producing full-scale performances with stunning scenery, costumes and lights.
• School Performances. Enjoy weekday matinees of select productions throughout the season. We offer 9:30am and 11:45am performances at the Historic Dock Street Theatre (135 Church Street, downtown Charleston). Performances run 60-70 minutes to fit into your school schedule.
• 10 Ticket Minimum. Charleston Stage welcomes homeschool families, but will be observing a 10 ticket minimum order for the 2023-24 season. (The 10 tickets can be all in one performance or split between the 2 productions.)
• Free Tickets. Tickets are $13 / $10 for Title 1 schools. Plus, all schools receive 1 FREE adult ticket for every 10 student tickets!
• Book Now, Pay Later. Reserve your seats now and pay later. Payment deadlines vary per production. See below.
• Education Guides. Guides feature show content, SC Standards, recommended subject areas and grade levels, background info, pre- and post-show activities, trivia and more! Available for download below.
• Two Field Trips In One! Share the magic of live theatre while also visiting Dock Street Theatre, America’s First Theatre, and historic downtown Charleston.
• ASL Interpretation. ASL Interpretation will be available on select dates.
Please see “ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS AND POLICIES” below for more details. Questions? Call Erika Greco, director of ticketing, at 843.647.7365, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm or email
Tue, October 24, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Wed, October 25, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Thu, October 26, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Fri, October 27, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Tue, October 31, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Wed, November 1, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Thu, November 2, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Fri, November 3, 2023 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Book by Joe Tracz
Music and Lyrics by Rob Rokicki
Adapted from the book "The Lightning Thief" by Rick Riordan
Recommended for Grades 3 and Up
Download Education Guide
View Production Photos
View a Behind the Scenes Trailer
* Tickets are $10 for Title 1 schools.
Tue, January 30, 2024 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Wed, January 31, 2024 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Thu, February 1, 2024 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Fri, February 2, 2024 at at 9:30am and 11:45am
Tue, February 6, 2024 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Wed, February 7, 2024 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Thu, February 8, 2024 at 9:30am and 11:45am
Fri, February 9, 2024 at 9:30am and 11:45am
By Allison Gregory
Based on the books "Junie B., First Grader - Toothless Wonder" and
"Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim’s Birthday" by Barbara Park
Recommended for Grades K-5
Payment Deadline: January 4, 2024
Download Education Guide
* Tickets are $10 for Title 1 schools.
Ordering Instructions and Policies
How To Order Tickets
1) Please Review All Education Guides Before Booking.
Education Guides will be available for each production above by August 1. Please review these guides for guidance on how the experience can be incorporated into the classroom, as well as to determine whether each production is appropriate for your students. Sending these guides home to parents is also suggested, in order to provide them with any applicable content warnings, and to enable them to extend student learning at home.
Final due dates for each production are indicated next to the performance schedule above. If your group will be unable to adhere to these dates and policies for any reason, please discuss this with the Director of Ticketing prior to booking. These dates represent the due dates for all payments, as well as the last date to cancel your reservation without penalty.
2) Select Matinee Dates and Times. Please Do Not Overbook Seats!
RECEIVE 1 FREE ADULT TICKET FOR EVERY 10 STUDENT TICKETS PURCHASED! To ensure we reserve enough seats for your group, complimentary adult tickets still need to be included in your final ticket count. Each order must contain a minimum of 10 tickets. (The 10 tickets can be all in one performance or split between the 2 productions.)
3) Only Teachers May Book School Matinee Performances
Please note that we can only accept reservations from teachers. Reservations from parents or individual students are not accepted. Charleston Stage welcomes home school group reservations, but cannot accept reservations from individual parents. Tickets are not sold at the door.
4) Ordering Methods (Download School Matinee Order Form)
By Online: You can fill in your information digitally on the School Matinee Order Form located on Page 2. Then, re-save the document to submit your form via email to
By Scan/Email: Print the School Matinee Order Form after filling in your information digitally, scan and email to
By Mail (Please fill out form and send to):
Attn: Erika Greco, Director of Ticketing
P.O. Box 356
Charleston, SC 29402
(Please do not send cash)
By Phone: (843) 647-7365
5) Booking and Invoicing
Once you make a reservation, an invoice will be emailed to you noting the performance date, time, ticket count and cost of your order. Your payment deadline will be specified. This date also represents the last date to cancel your reservation without penalty.
There are no refunds for school matinee performances.
School Matinee PolicIES
1) Cancellations/Payment Deadlines
EACH BOOKING MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY THE PAYMENT DEADLINE OR YOUR SEATS WILL BE RELEASED FOR SALE. If you must cancel, cancellation notice is required before the payment deadline, and in writing to Erika Greco at
2) No Babes In Arms
Children under 3-years-old are not permitted in the theatre.
3) On the Day of Your Performance
Charleston Stage wants to provide a fun and safe environment for your students. If traveling by bus, please help us do so by providing an index card with your bus driver’s name, school and cell phone number (to be handed to the Front of House staff). Please have your students wear identical colored name tags with your school name listed. All of these steps ensure safety and organization on the day of your performance. Further logistical details will be emailed to teachers in the weeks prior to your scheduled performance. Please also make sure to check your phone/email the day of your performance for any important notices.
4) Need Extra Seats?
Additional tickets may be purchased in advance, pending availability. Please do not bring extra students/parents to the theatre without first booking additional seats. Tickets are not sold at the door.
5) Seating Assignments
Seating assignments are determined by the size of your group at the discretion of the Front of House staff. Please plan carefully and order only the seats you need. It is highly discouraged to overbook and hold seats that otherwise could be used by other school groups. If any students in your group require special seating accommodations, please note this on your order form.
5) Photo Policy
Any person entering the theatre on the day of a school matinee performance may be photographed for use in Charleston Stage promotional materials. If any of your attendees have a specific need to not be photographed, please communicate this to the Director of Ticketing or Front of House staff as soon as possible.